Vegan Mushroom Pâté
Easy, gluten-free mushroom pâté
- 5 tbspn Vegan butter, divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 8 oz oyster mushrooms, cleaned, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4+ cup dry sherry
- 1 tbspn fresh or dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tspn white truffle oil
- 1 tspn salt
- black pepper to taste.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet, medium heat.
- Add cremini mushrooms, spread evenly.
- Cook for about 5 min., flip. Cook additional 5 min. until tender, lightly browned.
- Remove mushrooms, reserve on a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Add oyster mushrooms. Spread evenly.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flipping two or three times until tender with brown spots.
- Remove oyster mushrooms from skillet, reserve on a plate.
- Melt remaining 2 tbspns of butter in skillet. Add shallot. Cook until soft, translucent - about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute, until very fragrant.
- Add sherry and thyme to skillet and return all mushrooms to skillet. Stir, bring liquid to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from burner.
- Cool mixture for a few minutes. Then transfer to food processor with an S blade. Add walnuts and truffle oil.
- Blend mixture until it is as smooth as you prefer — coarse or very smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with your choice of bread or crackers or chill for later. Makes about 2 cups.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!