One Pan Tempeh Piccata
- 1/2 package Tempeh
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Wondra Quick Mixing Flour ®
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Start by prepping ingredients. Slice garlic cloves and juice 1 lemon.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Next, lightly season the tempeh with garlic salt and pepper on each side.
- Cook the tempeh until golden on each side. Set tempeh aside.
- Cook the sliced garlic over low-medium heat in the same pan until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Be aware that garlic burns easily and can give the sauce a bitter taste.
- Pour in the white wine and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then add the vegetable broth, lemon juice, capers, and vegan butter. Mix.
- Add the Wondra Flour®, mix the sauce, and let it simmer until it begins to thicken. More may need to be added to thicken to your liking.
- Test-taste the sauce. Based on your preference, more broth or lemon juice can be added to your liking to balance the flavor.
- Add the spinach until it wilts into the sauce.
- Add the tempeh back into the pan and coat with sauce.
- Serve tempeh and sauce mixture over your choice of pasta, rice, or more spinach. Enjoy!
- *You can exclude the vegan butter and white wine if preferred. It tastes great on its own as well!
- *If you do not have Wondra Flour®, you can use regular flour as a replacement.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!