Gluten Free Bourbon Balls
These candies remind me of my parent's holiday parties. Revised from Betty Cracker's Cooking American Style Cookbook dated 1975, I use a smooth blended whiskey to give these an extra kick.
- 2 cups vanilla wafer cookies, crushed fine
- 2 cups pecans, chopped fine
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup blended whiskey
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Granulated sugar for coating
- Cocoa powder for coating
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix wafers, pecans, sugar and cocoa. Stir in che whiskey and corn syrup
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar or cocoa powder and place onto cookie sheet.
- Transfer candies co an air-tight container and refrigerate for several days before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!