Jalapeno Pineapple Margarita
- 5 jalapeño pepper slices*
- 5 tablespoons tequila blanco or reposado or leave out if making a virgin margarita
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau leave out if making a virgin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt or flaky sea salt for the rim
- Ice for serving (try clear ice)
- For the garnish: pineapple wedge jalapeno slice
- Using a lime wedge, cut a small notch in it and run it around the edge of a glass to garnish. Salt the rim's outer edge before serving (or for a festive look, use Margarita Salt).
- For a medium-spicy drink, use 3 to 4 thin slices of jalapeo pepper; add more or less to taste. Remove the seeds if you prefer a more subdued heat.* Make sure to clean up after yourself with soap and water.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and add the jalapeo slices, tequila, pineapple juice, Cointreau, and lime juice. Leave out tequila and Cointreau if you are making a virgin. Shake well. Shake until it's icy cold. Pour the margarita into a glass with a salted rim. Stir well and serve immediately. Serve the drink with ice cubes in it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!