Vegan French Toast from Jasmine Bradley
Try this healthy, vegan French toast.
- 1 large banana (can substitute 1 1/2 cup vegan half & half mixed with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tblspn maple syrup
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 1/2 tspn nutmeg
- 2 tblspn coconut oil or vegan butter for cooking
- 4-6 slices vegan bread Check ingredients! I like to use cinnamon raisin bread such as Ezekiel 4:9 bread or Whole Foods cinnamon raisin bread.
- Add the banana, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a wide bowl big enough for dipping bread.
- Heat cooking oil in a large frying pan (non-stick surface works best!) on medium heat. Vegan butter for cooking adds great flavor.
- While pan is heating, dip a slice of bread into your mixture, coating both sides. Be sure top dip quickly so bread doesn't become soggy.
- Pan fry bread for about 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Slices can be kept in a warm oven until all bread is cooked.
- Serve with syrup, vegan butter, fruit or whatever else you would like to top off your French toast and enjoy your vegan breakfast bite!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!