TERIYAKI TOFU LETTUCE WRAPS WITH TROPICAL SALSA
- 1 cup/pineapple diced
- 1 cup/mango diced
- 1 cup/tomato diced
- ½ cup/red onion finely diced
- ¾ cup/orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup/cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3-4 cups/brown rice cooked
- 1 package of teriyaki tofu from Trader Joe’s thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp/olive oil
- 6-8 romaine lettuce leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare the fruits and vegetables by chopping and placing in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cilantro and lime to the bowl and stir it all together. Cover and let the salsa cool in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with olive oil. Season the tofu with salt and pepper. Cook the tofu in the pan on each side until golden brown.
- To prepare the wraps:
- Put 1/2 cup brown rice on each lettuce leaf
- Place 4 slices of tofu on top of the rice
- Top with ¼ cup of salsa on each lettuce leaf. Enjoy!
- *The salsa can also be eaten as a fresh snack with chips or crackers!
- *If you are not a fan of tofu, try adding black beans to the salsa for extra protein!
- *This recipe can also be made into a salad bowl with chopped lettuce, salsa, rice, and tofu.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!