Karen's Corn/Blueberry Muffins
Easy, yummy muffins! Choose corn or blueberries.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (soy, preferably)
- 1 Tbspn apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbspns maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh/frozen blueberries or corn
- Mix dry ingredients together and lightly sift.
- Add vinegar to milk, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter for 30 seconds in microwave.
- Add milk and maple syrup to melted butter.
- Pour dry ingredients over wet ingredients, mix. Don't over mix.
- Add blueberries or corn (for corn muffins)
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Do not use paper linings in muffin cups.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!